Noble Research Institute Small Fruit and Tree Fruit SeminarTue, 14 Aug 2018 11:08:38 CDT
Noble Set to Host Three-Part Specialty Crop Seres
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Focus: Small Fruit and Tree Fruit
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
The Noble Research Institute will host a three-part specialty crop seminar series from 6:30 to 8 p.m., on Tuesdays, Sept. 4, 11 and 18, at the Noble Research Institute Kruse Auditorium to help landowners learn how to systematically approach specialty crop production.
This three-part series builds on information presented in the course, "Is Specialty Crop Production for You?" The seminars will provide a comprehensive understanding of pecan, vegetable and fruit production practices. "Interest in specialty crop production continues to rise as demand for local grown produce continues to rise," said Steve Upson, senior soils and crops consultant. "The practices used for various specialty crops are similar in some ways. However, specific crops require unique management."
The Sept. 18 seminar will conclude the series with a focus on small fruit and tree fruit. Due to their continuous growing, fruit crops present special management challenges including pruning and training techniques.
This seminar series is free, but preregistration is required for each session. For more information or to register, visit www.noble.org/events or call 580-223-5810.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Noble Research Institute Small Fruit and Tree Fruit Seminar - 09/18/2018
- Oklahoma State Fair- Livestock Competition Tuesday 9-18 - 09/18/2018
- Introduction to Integrity Beef Seminar - 09/18/2018
- Oklahoma State Fair- Livestock Competition Wednesday 9-19 - 09/19/2018
- Curt Pate Teaches Effective Stockmanship and Cattle Handling Event - 09/19/2018
- Oklahoma State Fair- Livestock Competition Thursday 9-20 - 09/20/2018
Click here for the full calendar of events