African Swine Fever: What You Need to KnowTue, 14 Jun 2022 10:52:04 CDT
African Swine Fever: What You Need to Know
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
Do you know how to guard against African swine fever? African Swine Fever is a deadly pig disease that spreads rapidly and affects domestic and wild swine. While not a threat to human health, the virus could devastate America’s swine, pork industry, and food supply. Whatever pigs mean to you - your livelihood or a pet - we're all in it together. Protect our swine and keep the disease out of the United States.
People can't get this deadly virus, but if a single case was detected in the U.S., it could devastate America's swine population, pork industry, and farming communities. Tune into our virtual event to hear an expert panel explain biosecurity best practices and control measures we must put in place to safeguard our swine.
Dr. Jack Shere
Hog Producer, Thome Family Farms
Jamee L. Eggers, M.Sc.
Producer Education Director, Iowa Pork Producers Association
Dr. Anna Forseth
Director of Animal Health, National Pork Producers Council
Because African swine fever can have up to a 100% mortality rate, it will take immediate action from every pork producer, farmer, backyard pig owner and swine veterinarian to guard against this deadly foe. Join us and do your part to protect our pigs. To learn more and sign up go to: www.APHIS.USDA.gov/ProtectOurPigs.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Sporting Clays Shoot - 06/24/2022
- African Swine Fever: What You Need to Know - 06/29/2022
- OCA - National Anthem Singing Contest - Entry deadline July 1st - 06/30/2022
- OSU Rancher's Thursday Lunchtime Series - Minimizing cost in a cow/calf enterprise - 06/30/2022
- Youth Contests at 70th Annual Convention and Trade Show - Deadline July 5th - 07/05/2022
- OSU Rancher's Thursday Lunchtime Series - Managing fescue and bermudagrass pastures - 07/07/2022
Click here for the full calendar of events