Controlling Pests in Pecan Orchards SeminarThu, 28 Mar 2019 11:20:03 CDT
Seminar Set to Help Pecan Growers With Pest Management
When managing pests in the pecan orchard, growers should be able to identify the major animal, disease and insect pests, and understand how they relate to pecan development stages.
The Noble Research Institute will host a Controlling Pests in Pecan Orchards Seminar from 9 a.m.-noon Thursday, April 18, at the Noble Research Institute Kruse Auditorium.
Pecan specialists will show attendees how to identify the major animal, disease and insect pests of pecan trees; how the pests relate to pecan development stages; and what practices can be used to prevent and treat pests. For
example, there are more than 200 insects that feed on the roots, wood, foliage and nuts of a pecan tree.
Producers who want to better understand pecan pests are encouraged to attend. Attendees are welcome to bring samples or pictures of pests and/or pest symptoms for identification.
This seminar is offered at no charge, but preregistration is required. Registration will close on April 13, 2019. For more information and to register, please visit www.noble.org/events
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady®NSI
Events Coming Up Soon
- Controlling Pests in Pecan Orchards Seminar - 04/18/2019
- Superior Livestock - Video Auction - 04/18/2019
- FREE Grazing Management for Healthy Soil Workshop - 04/18/2019
- Lucas - Town Hall Meeting - Guymon - 04/18/2019
- Lucas - Town Hall Meeting - Boise City - 04/18/2019
- Custom Harvest & Farm Safety Day - Registration Deadline - 04/19/2019
Click here for the full calendar of events