Lucas Votes to Fund Government, Provide CCC FundsTue, 22 Sep 2020 21:42:44 CDT
Congressman Frank Lucas (OK-03) released the following statement after the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 8337- the Continuing Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2021 and Other Extensions Act. Lucas supported the continuing resolution, which extends government funding through December 11, 2020.
"One of the most fundamental duties of Congress is to fund the government and keep it open and operational. That duty becomes even more essential as Congress, the Trump Administration, and the American people grapple with the unprecedented challenges brought by the coronavirus pandemic," said Congressman Lucas. "The measure passed by the House not only keeps the government's lights on, but it also keeps critical programs funded and operational, including vital Farm Bill programs providing ongoing COVID-19 relief to America's farmers and ranchers."
Lucas continued, "While I support the legislation passed by the House, Congress must not continue its legacy of passing continuing resolutions after continuing resolutions. For years, Washington has relied on broken budgets and spending practices that have shown to be detrimental to governmental operations. Congress cannot continue to kick the can down the road."
H.R. 8337- the Continuing Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2021 and Other Extensions Act:
• Provides critical support for farmers and ranchers;
• Extends a nutrition program that has been a lifeline during the pandemic for low-income students who are out of school;
• Ensures critical military operations continue;
• Supports vital transportation programs by extending the FAST Act;
• Extends the National Flood Insurance Program;
• Ensures that there are no delays in the Department of Veterans Affairs' electronic health record system; and
• Allows agencies experiencing operational challenges during the pandemic to continue functioning.
WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI
Top Agricultural News