Fri, 07 Oct 2022 10:05:18 CDT
The U.S. Grains Council (USGC) is sponsoring 21 trade teams made up of agricultural product importers, government officials and agribusiness leaders from more than 50 countries in support of the Council’s headline event, Export Exchange. Eleven of these teams will arrive in the United States this weekend to visit farm operations and export facilities, as well as conduct meetings with partners along the value chain.
Export Exchange is a biennial educational and trade forum for U.S.
feed grains that will host nearly 500 international buyers, importers and
domestic suppliers. This year’s edition will be held in Minneapolis from Oct. 12-14.
“Hosting trade teams prior to Export Exchange is a great opportunity for these stakeholders to meet the people that produce the materials they need,” said Emily Byron, USGC director of global programs. “There is nothing like conducting business face-to-face and that’s what makes this entire event so impactful for U.S. agricultural exports.”
The trade teams represent a diverse group of industry leaders who contribute to strong U.S. export numbers year after year in commodities including corn, distiller’s dried grains with solubles (DDGS), ethanol, sorghum and barley.
A description of the teams and the dates of their travel are listed below:
• Korean DDGS team to Washington, Nebraska, Iowa and Illinois, Oct. 3-12
• South Asian export logistics team to Louisiana, Oct. 8-12
• Middle Eastern, European and African (MEA) corn and DDGS team to Wisconsin and Illinois, Oct. 8-12
• MEA DDGS team to Louisiana and Minnesota, Oct. 8-12
• MEA bulk logistics team to Missouri and Louisiana, Oct. 8-12
• MEA sorghum team to Kansas, Oct. 8-12
• Southeast Asian (SEA) DDGS team to Kentucky, Oct. 9-12
• SEA corn team to South Dakota, Oct. 9-12
• Latin American (LTA) feed grain team to Kansas, Oct. 9-12
• LTA poultry team to Arkansas, Oct. 9-12
• Mexican DDGS team to Iowa, Oct. 9-12
More information will be made available online at www.exportexchange.org and on social media using the hashtag #ExEx22. Those interested can sign up for a mailing list to automatically receive conference updates by emailing email@example.com.