By Gail Ellis
The series features timely information on beef production, management and marketing from the OSU Extension beef cattle team, experienced ranchers and scientists. The following sessions are free and begin at noon.
March 23 – Weather and Grass Forecast
- Brian Fuchs, National Drought Mitigation Center
- Laura Goodman, OSU Department of Resource Ecology and Management
March 30 – Using Warm-Season Annual Grasses to Restore Hay and Grazing Inventory
April 6 – Selecting Cattle for Productivity and Longevity in Tough Conditions
- James Henderson, Bradley 3 Ranch
- Mark Johnson, OSU Department of Animal and Food Sciences
April 13 – The Future of the Cattle Industry – A View from South Texas
- Robert Hodgen, King Ranch
- David Lalman, OSU Department of Animal and Food Sciences
OSU Extension uses research-based information to help all Oklahomans solve local issues and concerns, promote leadership and manage resources wisely throughout the state’s 77 counties. Most information is available at little to no cost.